Thứ Hai, 19 tháng 3, 2012

Breakthrough Restaurant – Sooo Pinoy Food Trip na Pilipinas!

March 13, 2012 – Sooo Pinoy Food Tour Day 2 in Iloilo – Previous Post: Emilion Modern Filipino Cuisine.

One of the reasons why I love to travel is not just to discover places and its unique culture but to taste the food, delicacies and local produce. There’s no better way to indulge in local food than by dining in local establishments and restaurants that offer the best of these cuisines and use only products of utmost quality.

hipon recipes
Kinilaw na Hipon

Our next stop is at Breakthrough Restaurant located along Villa Beach in Arevalo District still in Iloilo City. Breakthrough is an alfresco restaurant that offers affordable fresh seafood and other local pinoy dishes. The restaurant is a perfect example of a turo-turo but with a classy ambiance.

iloilo dessert
Pulot from Villa Arevalo

While we are waiting for the food to be served, a local vendor let us taste Pulot that he is selling. A popular dessert in Villa Arevalo in Iloilo, Pulot is surprisingly not a popular product in Iloilo. Pulot is packaged in bamboo makeshift containers covered with dry banana leaf. Similar to how Coco Jam is being used but this local sweet dessert is purely made of muscovado sugar.

hito recipe
Adobadong Hito

I like their Adobadong Hito (Stewed catfish), it reminds me of my Lola’s ginataang hito that she used to cook when i was little. It has thick sauce, rich coconut milk flavor with a perfect mix of ginger and chili.

Chicken Inasal
Chicken Inasal

Their pork sisig is also good, too good for the sizzling plate to be empty in less than 3 minutes haha. Although not exceptional, their Chicken Inasal is one of the dishes that you should try.

Grilled Oysters
Grilled Oysters

I became familiar with the taste of Tuna Kinilaw since I was assigned in Davao City with my previous job but seeing Kinilaw na Hipon really made me curious about the taste. The Kinilaw na Hipon taste so good – truly a must try.

Inihaw na Bangus
Inihaw na Bangus

Good thing I don’t have any allergy with seafood and I can eat anything unfamiliar but you’ll find it weird that Im not really a huge fan of Oyster, so in case we are on the same table with Grilled Oysters on top of it.. Its all yours buddy:)

Sizzling Crab Meat
Sizzling Crab Meat

I love Crab meat for as long as I eat it the hard way. I’m not saying that I don’t like their Sizzling Crab Meat, I’m just overwhelmed and curious how they were able to collect all those crab meats and cook it seamlessly:)

Steamed Prawns
Steamed Prawns

I like their tasty Inihaw na Bangus with lots of tomatoes, ginger and onion fillings but I’m so used to eating boneless bangus from various restaurants in Manila.

Spicy Pangat
Spicy Pangat

We also tried their version of Pangat or Laing in Bicol, I just find their servings too small compare to other dishes. Among all the dishes served, the lechon looks like very much out of place:) In fact most of us ignored it, I wondered why:)

Sizzling Sisig
Sizzling Sisig

With a nice alfresco settings and view of Guimaras Island, Breakthrough Restaurant is a perfect place for barkada and family gatherings.

Spicy PangatChicken InasalSizzling Crab MeatSteamed PrawnsGrilled OystersKinilaw na HiponInihaw na BangusSizzling SisigPulot from Villa ArevaloAdobadong Hito

Breakthrough Restaurant
Barangay Sto. Niño Norte, Arevalo
Iloilo, Iloilo, Philippines
Phone Number (+63 33) 337-3027

To know more about the Sooo Pinoy campaign, food lovers are invited to like the Sooo Pinoy fan page on Facebook and follow @SoooPinoy on Twitter.



Link to full article

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét